Satellite navigation can be used for:
- Shipping industry
- Security vehicle tracking
- People tracking
Navigation is used by the merchant shipping industry to locate and communicate with ships throughout the world in a reliable manner. It is a complete web-based solution that provides instant information on location and two-way message/email communications without the need for expensive local systems. The system can operate in fully standalone mode or interface directly into third-party host systems and is essential for organizations that wish to improve productivity, reduce costs, improve customer service and gain competitive edge.
- Compatible INMARSAT-C/GPS equipped vessels require no additional equipment or physical boarding – only the active Inmarsat-C mobile number is required. Inmarsat D+ transceivers are discrete and easy to fit.
- Server is hosted with full security protection measures, while at an operational level you control access to your data through a secure username/password system with the option to encrypt all transactions.
- Satellite Positioning and Communication Service Options. Use of the US Global Positioning System (GPS) gives accurate and reliable positional, speed and bearing information. System is compatible with EGNOS and GALILEO.
- Automatic, Real-Time and Dynamic Reporting. Automatic Position Reports details date/time, geographic position, speed and heading. Automatic position reports frequency is user-defined and changeable – each day at noon, every hour, etc., and so provides a regular and unambiguous statement of each asset position and movement. Real time reports are received in minutes and are then accessible from your desktop. The fleet map is dynamically updated with each latest reportenabling large screen, projected display for operations room, corporate boardroom or foyer.